Thursday 1 October 2009

First: Me

Welcome to hippomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, the name for my blog comes from the rather hilarious name for the fear of long words. I don't suffer from it, and may even occasionally become sesquipedalian myself! As the title bar suggests, this blog is one without a theme. Instead I'll just relay any thoughts that I feel are worthy of my typing time. These will include (but are not limited to) science, politics, video games, films, books, weather and more.

This first post is about me, but rather than defining myself in the usual boring multi paragraphed format, I thought it would be nice to give you an idea of who I am via the websites I most regularly visit (apart from the tediously ubiquitous Facebook and You Tube).



The Weather Outlook - For finding out and commenting on the weather
Comment is Free - For reading about the latest left wing moans and gripes, as well as for the excellent Charlie Brooker
DDRUK - A website (primarily just a forum really) for discussing Dance Dance Revolution and other rhythm action games.
Phyrangula - The often brilliant thoughts of biologist PZ Myers
Wetterzentrale - German site given over to the display of weather charts from the numberous NWP models around the globe

Vulpvibe Records - The fantastic music of Renard and others, all in fact the aliases of one guy. All of the music can be streamed from the site, though I urge you to buy anything you like.
Brain Damage Radio - Free DJ sets to stream and download my other port of call if I want something to listen to while I work.

I should point out now that I do not own any of the sites listed above, nor do I profit from them in any way. They are part of my internet ritual, and I hope you can find some joy in them too.

That just about wraps it up for post number one. I hope to update this at least twice a week initially, then step it up if I get the bug. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment