Monday 5 October 2009

Excuses, excuses

Despite the fact that I probably have absolutely no readers yet for this blog. I feel it appropriate to make an apology. I did say last week that I would try to make two posts a week initially and see what happened. Well it's nearly the end of the first week and there is still only the one post.
In fairness I have not been slacking. I am currently working on an introduction to evolution in (hopefully) readable terms. However this is proving quite an undertaking for someone who doesn't have a huge amount of experience in popularising science.

Excuses out of the way, I think it's only fair to try and entertain you, so I've spent a few minutes trawling the internet looking for some funny excuses for a variety of latenesses.

"I had a student who failed to turn in an assignment via e-mail because his neighbors, from whom he was stealing a wi-fi signal, moved out, leaving him without internet access."
(from the comments on Crooked timber)

" The trouble with being punctual is that nobody`s there to appreciate it."
(bizzarely from toddolivas.com)


"I walked into a spider web on the way out the door and couldn't find the spider, so I had to go inside and shower again"
(from cnn)

"the best I had a guy call in and tell me his girl friend was getting pregnant and he wanted to be there"
(from tardybags


"I was forced by necessity to engage in a particularly epic rap battle." 
(by spookybishop read the whole article, it's awesome!)


and finally, because it is kind of suited to me
"People kind of expect me to be late now, so I rarely have to explain. Isn't that sad?"
from the answerbag comments)

No comments:

Post a Comment