Wednesday 3 February 2010

Make the pope pay!

You may or may not be aware that Pope Benedict the something or other is coming to the UK soon to place his hand (I said his hand) on children's heads. Well OK he's an intolerant old bastard, he's against equal rights, and was once a member of the Hitler youth (we all make mistakes eh?), but I'm a liberal and believe in free speech so sure. It'll make some people happy. Go for it.

One thing I'm not happy about though, is that this visit is expected to cost the UK taxpayer £20million. That's quite a lot of money, like the annual budget for a couple of schools. So the National Secular Society have started a petition asking the catholic church to stump up the cash.

If you, like me find having a country billions of pounds in debt paying for a man with more bling than Dr Dre to visit a little unfair. Go and sign it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the National Secular Society, I signed the petition & spread it far & wide!

    The thing you said about "free speech" I sort of agree, but it should NOT include the spreading of hate... which the Pope is known for doing!

    Spreading his disgusting homophobia is not only wrong, this man has many (delusional) followers who take on his every word! The rate of attacks on homosexuals is going up & idiots like him should not be allowed to spread their filth!!

    ReplyDelete